Create, implement, and maintain a residential, long-term, faith-based program for guests seeking to overcome life-dominating obstacles. Lead and direct other Ministry Departments that will serve the Programming Ministry by developing strategic, specific, goals and objectives this will include, but is not limited to: Advocates, Children’s Ministry, and IDEA Center. Direct and delegate the day-to-day operation of the Long-Term Program including daily logs, reports, and files.
• Meet regularly and communicate important information and decisions to the COO making administrative and practical decisions as necessary and upon demand.
• Plan, facilitate, and monitor a yearly budget showing financial accountability and prudent expenditures to the COO.
• Collaborate and communicate with other departments as necessary to facilitate a positive outcome for every program guest.
• Develop and maintain outside partnerships with local human service agencies.
• Ensure each direct report is in the process of obtaining a Biblical Counseling Certification and/or using Biblical Counseling methods to come along side each guest and their difficulties.
• Incorporate Biblical principles into interactions with guests and other staff that build positive and productive relationships.
Qualifications / Must Be Able To
• Prefer a Master’s and licensing (LMSW or LPC) in Social Work or Counseling, but require at minimum a bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Counseling.
• Minimum 5 years in a leadership role with growing responsibilities.
Apply For This Job
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
The Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries is a privately funded 501(c)3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious, and we are a Christ-centered ministry which is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and Statement of Purpose. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
• Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in all of the ministry activities of the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries; • Subscribe to the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries Statement of Faith and Qualifications for Employment upon hire and continuously while employed; • Adhere to the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries Employee Handbook
1 Peter 3:15 NIV But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.