Utilizing donated products, ensure that three meals per day are provided for guests. Responsible for weekly meal planning and preparation donations. Support Kitchen Manager in accepting donations, processing donations, and providing receipts. Ascertain what donations can be used.
• Ensure donated food is properly dated.
• Ensure all equipment is properly maintained and in working order. Train others in correct utilization.
• Operate all food services in compliance with established health and safety standards including The Serv-Safe, USDA and OSHA.
• Must be able to work with and delegate tasks to volunteers serving in the kitchen and warehouse.
• Accurately report daily meal count.
Qualifications / Must Be Able To
• Serv-Safe Certified
• High School Diploma/ GED
• Work in varying temperatures from 0 to 110 degrees between winter and summer, coolers and freezers.
• Standing: Frequently
• Reaching: Frequently
• Climbing: Frequently, stairs, ramp
• Lifting: Frequently, up to 50lbs
• Bending: Frequently
Apply For This Job
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
The Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries is a privately funded 501(c)3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious, and we are a Christ-centered ministry which is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and Statement of Purpose. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
• Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in all of the ministry activities of the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries; • Subscribe to the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries Statement of Faith and Qualifications for Employment upon hire and continuously while employed; • Adhere to the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries Employee Handbook
1 Peter 3:15 NIV But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.