Do you have a passion for making a difference? Join Our Team in our Children's Ministry! Service with purpose and making a daily difference. We would love to have you join us on this journey. Welcome children and parents as they arrive at Sonshine Kids and sign the children in. Oversee support staff, work trainees, and volunteers in the Infant and Toddler Classroom. Supervises and implements the program following the policies and philosophy of the Sonshine Kids Ministry, gearing the program to the needs of the individual child.
• Prepare play and learning materials.
• Supervise children's play and monitor their physical safety.
• Log incidents as needed.
• Communicate with the Manager of the Children’s Ministry about needs, successes and struggles.
• Check each child’s diapers/pull-ups throughout the day and change them as needed.
• Feed children breakfast and snack, and the infants as needed.
• Guide children's behavior and social/emotional development.
• Perform simple first aid in emergencies.
• Participate in recommended training programs.
Qualifications / Must Be Able To
Must have a high school diploma.
Prefer a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Must have training and/or experience in Early Childhood or Elementary Education.
Must be drug and Nicotine Free.
Apply For This Job
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
The Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries is a privately funded 501(c)3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious, and we are a Christ-centered ministry which is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and Statement of Purpose. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
• Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in all of the ministry activities of the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries; • Subscribe to the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries Statement of Faith and Qualifications for Employment upon hire and continuously while employed; • Adhere to the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries Employee Handbook
1 Peter 3:15 NIV But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.