The Main Entry Desk and Office of Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries is the first area of contact that visitors have upon entering our Ministry. It reflects the professionalism and kindness of KGM but most importantly, reflection of Christ’s Love. The Main Entry Staff receive and greet all who enter and all who phone as well as directs them to the appropriate department they are needing.
• Assist Head Receptionist with teaching and growing our Front Desk Life Servants.
• Responsible for overseeing all activities during shift at the front desk of main entry.
• Maintain a peaceful orderly front office.
• Answer all incoming telephone calls and direct them to proper departments.
• Receive and announce visitors/volunteers to designated team members.
• Work closely and communicate well with other team members at front desk. Making sure to follow policy and procedures for main entrance.
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing.
• Assist with Community Service and Volunteers. Scan Community Service/Volunteer workers in and out. Process Mission ID cards using Spero Software.
• Receives mail from mail carrier and has another team member present while pulling out donations, bundling them, dating top of each bundle and securing in lock box. Remainder mail can be sorted and placed in mailboxes then.
• Receives monetary donations or new items that are donated at the front entrance window. Directs all other household donations to donation drop-off. Kitchen donations to Food Service Department.
Qualifications / Must Be Able To
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Prefer prior Administration Experience
• Drug and Nicotine free
Apply For This Job
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
The Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries is a privately funded 501(c)3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious, and we are a Christ-centered ministry which is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and Statement of Purpose. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
• Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in all of the ministry activities of the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries; • Subscribe to the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries Statement of Faith and Qualifications for Employment upon hire and continuously while employed; • Adhere to the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries Employee Handbook
1 Peter 3:15 NIV But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.