We are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to manage maintenance in our facilities. You will be responsible for training staff and ensuring the smooth running of upkeep or repair operations. An excellent maintenance supervisor must be reliable and have an excellent eye for detail. They must have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing, etc. Leadership skills are essential. The goal is to ensure that facilities are in good and safe condition at all times.
• Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance.
• Work with and assist in training maintenance support.
• Inspect and maintain building systems (heating, ventilation etc.).
• Monitor inventory of materials and equipment.
• Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations.
Qualifications / Must Be Able To
• Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.).
• Knowledge of health and safety practices and regulations.
• Excellent planning and leadership abilities.
• An eye for detail.
• Valid Driver's License.
• High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus.
• Nicotine Free.
• Must be able to work with and delegate tasks to volunteers serving in the maintenance department.
Apply For This Job
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
The Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries is a privately funded 501(c)3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious, and we are a Christ-centered ministry which is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and Statement of Purpose. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
• Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in all of the ministry activities of the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries; • Subscribe to the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries Statement of Faith and Qualifications for Employment upon hire and continuously while employed; • Adhere to the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries Employee Handbook
1 Peter 3:15 NIV But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.