We are seeking a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional. Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this position. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
• Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
• Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
• Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
• Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs.
• Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations.
• Report to a maintenance lead supervisor for issues.
Qualifications / Must Be Able To
• Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems.
• Experience using hand and electrical tools.
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Physical stamina and dexterity.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Nicotine Free.
• Must be able to work with and delegate tasks to volunteers serving in the maintenance department.
Apply For This Job
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
The Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries is a privately funded 501(c)3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious, and we are a Christ-centered ministry which is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and Statement of Purpose. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
• Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in all of the ministry activities of the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries; • Subscribe to the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries Statement of Faith and Qualifications for Employment upon hire and continuously while employed; • Adhere to the Kalamazoo Gospel Ministries Employee Handbook
1 Peter 3:15 NIV But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.